- Corporate and Commercial Transactions
- Corporate Compliance and Other Regulatory Programs
- Emergency Planning and Response
- Site Development and Brownfield Redevelopment
- Superfund and Site Remediation
Bar & Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court for the District of New Jersey
Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, J.D., 2006
- Editor-in-Chief, Temple International & Comparative Law Journal
Temple University Fox School of Business, M.B.A., 2001
Lehigh University, B.S. (civil engineering), 1996
Professional & Community Activities
Board of Commissioners, Nether Providence Township
- Vice President
MGKF Professional Development Program
- Chair, 2017
Pennsylvania Licensed Professional Engineer
Morrisville Borough (Pennsylvania)
- Planning Commission (2002-2006)
Matt Sullivan has a broad range of experience counseling clients on issues related to regulatory compliance and transactional matters, particularly in the areas of brownfield redevelopment and business operations. Since joining the firm in 2006, he has regularly assisted companies seeking to achieve and maintain regulatory compliance in areas such as hazardous and universal waste management, chemical inventory and other environmental reporting obligations, storage tank requirements, spill prevention and countermeasure planning, and storm water permitting and discharge issues. Matt also has assisted clients with negotiating transactional documents and performing due diligence activities for real estate and other business deals, and has counseled clients and interfaced with state and federal agencies in the context of spill and brownfield cleanups and a variety of other environmental requirements.
Before joining MGKF, Matt worked as a civil engineer for several consulting firms and also obtained an MBA. Matt is a graduate of Temple’s Beasley School of Law where he was the Editor-in-Chief of the Temple International & Comparative Law Journal and clerked for Judge Susan Peikes Gantman on the Pennsylvania Superior Court. Matt also earned his MBA from Temple University, and he earned a Bachelor of Science from Lehigh University.
Matt resides with his wife and three children in Nether Providence Township where he is an elected member of the Board of Commissioners. In his spare time, Matt enjoys spending time with his family and competing in triathlons.
Representative examples of Matt's experience include the following:
- Matt counsels several large national clients, whose business operations range from retail distribution to manufacturing, on compliance with various federal and state environmental regulatory requirements. Matt’s work for these clients has included, interfacing with environmental regulators, participating in environmental compliance audits and resolving issues of non-compliance, and achieving and maintaining compliance with permitting and other operating requirements.
- Matt has assisted several clients with the remediation and redevelopment of sites in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and elsewhere. As part of these remediations and redevelopments, Matt has negotiated the transactional and other documents to obtain the necessary approvals and liability protection and has extensive experience with negotiating environmental insurance policies and pursuing claims under those policies;
- Matt has also been involved with several appeals of orders, permits and other decisions before the Pennsylvania Environmental Hearing Board, and he regularly interacts with regulatory agencies to resolve potential issues of non-compliance on behalf of clients.
Honors & Awards
- May 31, 2016
- MGKF Serves as Environmental Counsel for The Pointe Brownfields Redevelopment Project in Sayreville, New JerseyMarch 10, 2016
- December 10, 2015
- May 19, 2015
- May 27, 2014
- January 2, 2014
- May 29, 2012
- Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox Attorneys Receive Professional Recognition - Eleven Included in Super Lawyers, Four Listed as Rising StarsMay 23, 2011
- Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox Attorneys Receive Professional Recognition - Eight Named as Super Lawyers, Seven Named Rising StarsMay 27, 2010
- Six Attorneys from Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox, LLP Presented at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute's 15th Annual Environmental Law ForumApril 25, 2010
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
"Uniform Environmental Convenants Act (UECA)," presented at the 15th Annual Environmental Law Forum sponsored by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, April 23, 2010
"Uniform Environmental Convenants Act (UECA)," presented at the Pennsylvania Council of Professional Geologists, July 22, 2009
"Uniform Environmental Convenants Act (UECA)," presented at the 14th Annual Environmental Law Forum sponsored by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, March 11, 2009
- October 1, 2013Pennsylvania State ChapterPublished by Matthew Bender
- December 22, 2016
- March 5, 2010
- January 8, 2010
- January 8, 2009
- January 16, 2008
- January 8, 2008
- May 16, 2007
- May 17, 2016The Legal Intelligencer
- July 9, 2014The Legal Intelligencer
- December 19, 2012The Legal Intelligencer
- June 1, 2012Association of Corporate Counsel's "Green-house Counsel"
- May 2, 2011Association of Corporate Counsel's "Green-house Counsel"
- September 11, 2009Mid Atlantic Real Estate Journal
- June 27, 2008Mid Atlantic Real Estate Journal