- Corporate Compliance and Other Regulatory Programs
- Site Development and Brownfield Redevelopment
- Superfund and Site Remediation
Bar & Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 2012
- Member, Villanova's Moot Court Board
- National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition
- Member, Villanova's Sports and Entertainment Journal
- Environmental and Energy Law Society, President, 2010-2012
- Public Interest Fellowship Program Award, 2012
University of Maryland, B.S. (Finance), 2006
- President's Scholarship
- College Park Scholars Program
Professional & Community Activities
Pennsylvania Bar Association, Environmental and Energy Law Section
- Pro Bono Committee Chair
East Bradford Township's Environmental Advisory Council
Delaware Valley Environmental American Inn of Court
- Membership Committee
Tom is an associate with Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox, LLP. He concentrates his practice on environmental and energy litigation, regulatory counseling, and transactional matters.
Tom came to the firm from Blank Rome LLP, where he was an associate in the environmental and energy practice group. In that role, he represented and counseled a broad range of clients in environmental and energy matters and litigated cases before state and federal courts, the Pennsylvania Environmental Hearing Board, and the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission. Prior to that, Tom served as an assistant counsel to the Pennsylvania Environmental Hearing Board and as a staff attorney for an environmental organization in Philadelphia.
In law school, Tom was a law clerk for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, a legal intern for the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, and a judicial clerk for the Honorable Thomas J. Reuter of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. He participated in the National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition as a member of the Moot Court Board, published a journal article on the National Park Service’s treatment of recreational uses under the National Environmental Policy Act, and served as president of the Environmental and Energy Law Society. Upon graduation, he received Villanova’s 2012 Public Interest Fellowship Program Award.
Outside of work, Tom serves as chair of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, Environmental and Energy Law Section’s Pro Bono Committee. He is also an appointed member of East Bradford Township’s Environmental Advisory Council, and he serves on the membership committee of the Delaware Valley Environmental American Inn of Court.
Tom is married to his high school sweetheart, and together they have three children.
Honors & Awards
- Villanova's Public Interest Fellowship Program Award (2012)
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
"PA Surface Water and Groundwater Rights," presented at the Pennsylvania Water Laws and Regulations Conference, 2016
"Single Source Determination," presented at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute's 18th Annual Environmental Law Forum, 2013
- Pennsylvania Environmental Hearing Board Sets Guidelines for Challenges to PADEP Permitting DecisionsAugust 16, 2017MGKF Litigation Blog
- July 31, 2017MGKF Litigation Blog
- June 1, 2017MGKF Litigation Blog
"More Obstacles Ahead for Pa Net Metering Restrictions", Law360, June 7, 2016 (co-author)
"Energy Sector Beware: Cybersecurity Now Top Security Threat", The Legal Intelligencer, October 16, 2015 (co-author)
"Driving Americans' Perception of Recreation: Awaiting the Park Service's Long-Term Solution to Address Snowmobile Access in Yellowstone National Park",19 VILL. SPORTS & ENT. L.J. 699 (2012)