Bar & Court Admissions
Supreme Court of Georgia
United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Honorable Ed Carnes, Chief Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit (Sept. 2017–Sept. 2018)
Emory University School of Law, J.D., High Honors, 2017
- Order of the Coif
- State Bar of Georgia Environmental Law Award
- Dean’s Teaching Fellow
- Notes & Comments Editor, Emory Law Journal
- President, Environmental Law and Conservation Society
Auburn University, B.A. (English Literature; Sustainability minor), summa cum laude, 2013
Shelby L. Hancock is an associate with Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox, LLP. She joined the firm after completing a judicial clerkship for the Honorable Ed Carnes, Chief Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Shelby graduated with high honors from Emory University School of Law, and at graduation, received the State Bar of Georgia Environmental Law Award. While in law school, she served as a Staff Writer and Notes & Comments Editor for the Emory Law Journal and as President of the Environmental Law and Conservation Practice Society. She also completed several environmental internships, working at Emory’s Turner Environmental Law Clinic, the Environmental Division of the North Carolina Department of Justice, and Atlanta-based firm, Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP.
Before law school, Shelby attended Auburn University, graduating summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature.
In her spare time, Shelby enjoys travelling, reading, and exploring the Philadelphia area.
- October 18, 2018
- SCOTUS Endangered Species Act Decision Suggests More Probing Judicial Review of Agency Critical Habitat DesignationsDecember 10, 2018MGKF Litigation Blog