- Multi-Disciplinary Approach
- Commitment to Sustainability
- Commitment to Diversity
- Community Service
- MGKF in Action
"Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox provides top-notch, cost-effective work on difficult environmental issues ranging from risk-management plans to permits, to environmental easements to agency relations. They provide first-rate client responsiveness.
-Counsel at Chemours
To see more of what our clients have to say, see MGKF In Action.
Some of these comments appear on the U.S. News & Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” website at bestlawfirms.usnews.com. They were gathered during the"Best Law Firms" research process.
MGKF and many of its attorneys have been recognized for their work in environmental law in various publications and rankings, such as:
- Chambers USA – America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 1
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2 and the U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" 3. Bart E. Cassidy, Best Lawyers®, 2020 Environmental Law "Lawyer of the Year" in Philadelphia. Robert D. Fox, Best Lawyers®, 2019 Environmental Law "Lawyer of the Year" in Philadelphia. Michael M. Meloy, Best Lawyers®, 2013 Environmental Law "Lawyer of the Year" in Philadelphia.
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and New Jersey Super Lawyers 4
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ 5
- BTI's 2020 Honor Roll of "Fearsome Opponents" in Litigation; BTI Client Service A-Team 2019 Listing; BTI Brand Elite 2016 Listing; BTI Most Recommended Law Firms 2015-2016 and BTI Client Service All-Star 2015: Bart E. Cassidy 6
- Law360 Environmental Practice Group of the Year 2019: A list honoring law firms behind the litigation wins and major deals that resonated through the legal industry in the past year; Law360 Best Law Firms for Female Partners "Ceiling Smashers": Ranked 18th nationally for its percentage of women in the partnership 7
- Philadelphia Business Journal - The 2020 List of Largest Law Firms: A list highlighting law firms in the Philadelphia area ranked by the number of local attorneys. MGKF was ranked 56th out of the 100 ranked firms. 8
MGKF was included in Law360’s 2015 Top 100 Environmental Practice Group Partner Rankings. With 22 partners, Manko Gold was ranked as the 16th largest environmental law practice by partner count when compared to other environmental practice groups across the country.9
Additionally MGKF has been honored for its family-friendly work environment in Top Workplaces surveys by the Philadelphia Inquirer, Daily News and Philly.com since 2011 and the Delaware Valley Association for the Education of Young Children (DVAEYC).
MGKF is proud to be named a Law360 "Ceiling Smasher" and was the only firm headquartered in the Philadelphia area to be included on the list. MGKF was ranked 18th nationally for its percentage of women in the partnership. While the many law firms’ partnership ranks are still dominated by men, MGKF’s female partners account for more than 36 percent of the partnership, compared to the national average of 22 percent according to Law360’s 2016 Glass Ceiling Report.
1 "Chambers USA" [published by Chambers & Partners] - selection process
2 "Best Lawyers" – [Copyright 2019 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, S.C] - selection process
3 U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" – methodology
4 "Super Lawyers" [published by Thomson Reuters] - selection process
5 Martindale.com rating methodology
6 The BTI Consulting Group, Wellesley, MA: BTI Client Service All-Star selection process. BTI Most Recommended Law Firms 2016 methodology can be found on page 9.
7 Law360 [produced by Portfolio Media Inc.] surveyed more than 300 U.S. firms about their overall and female headcount numbers as of 12/31/2015. Only U.S-based attorneys were included in the survey. Firms are ranked based on their percentage of U.S. partners, but equity and non-equity, that are women.
8 Information was obtained by firm representatives through a questionnaire and could not be independently verified by the PBJ.
9 For a partner to be included in the count, at least 50 percent of the partner’s work had to be devoted to environmental law matters.