- Technical Capabilities
- Commitment to Sustainability
- Commitment to Diversity
- Community Service
"Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox provides top-notch, cost-effective work on difficult environmental issues ranging from risk-management plans to permits, to environmental easements to agency relations. They provide first-rate client responsiveness.
-Counsel at Chemours
Some of these comments appear on the U.S. News & Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” website at bestlawfirms.usnews.com. They were gathered during the "Best Law Firms" research process.
MGKF and many of its attorneys have been recognized for their work in environmental law in various publications and rankings, such as:
- Chambers USA – America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 1
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2 and the U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms"3. John Gullace has been named Best Lawyers® 2022 Environmental Litigation “Lawyer of the Year” and Carol McCabe has been named Best Lawyers® 2022 Environmental Law “Lawyer of the Year”. Bruce Katcher has been named the Best Lawyers® 2021 Environmental Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Cherry Hill, NJ. Other recipients of "Lawyer of the Year" (Environmental Law/Philadelphia) recognitions include Bart E. Cassidy (2020), Robert D. Fox (2019 and 2010) and Michael M. Meloy (2013).
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and New Jersey Super Lawyers.4 Carol F. McCabe is included in the Top 10: 2022 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers lists. Both McCabe and partner Brenda H. Gotanda, LEED AP were included in the listings for the Top 50: 2022 Women Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Top 100: 2022 Philadelphia Super Lawyers and Top 100: 2022 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers.
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ 5
- BTI's 2020 Honor Roll of "Fearsome Opponents" in Litigation; BTI Client Service A-Team 2019 Listing; BTI Brand Elite 2016 Listing; BTI Most Recommended Law Firms 2015-2016 and BTI Client Service All-Star 2015: Bart E. Cassidy 6
- Law360 Environmental Practice Group of the Year 2019: A list honoring law firms behind the litigation wins and major deals that resonated through the legal industry in the past year; Law360 Best Law Firms for Female Partners "Ceiling Smashers": Ranked 18th (2016) and 23rd (2020) nationally for its percentage of women in the partnership 7
- Philadelphia Business Journal - The 2020 List of Largest Law Firms: A list highlighting law firms in the Philadelphia area ranked by the number of local attorneys. MGKF was ranked 56th out of the 100 ranked firms. 8
MGKF was included in Law360’s 2015 Top 100 Environmental Practice Group Partner Rankings. With 22 partners, Manko Gold was ranked as the 16th largest environmental law practice by partner count when compared to other environmental practice groups across the country.9
MGKF has been named a Law360 “Ceiling Smasher” and was ranked 23rd nationally for its percentage of women in the partnership based on firms with less than 100 attorneys. While many law firms’ partnership ranks are still dominated by men, MGKF’s female partners account for nearly 35 percent of the partnership.
Law360’s 2020 Glass Ceiling Report found that women make up 37 percent of all attorneys, but just 25 percent of partners nationally. At the top level of a typical U.S. law firm, women account for only 22 percent of equity partners, but at MGKF 38.9 percent of the equity partners are female, which landed the firm in 8th place for firms with 20-50 attorneys.
Additionally MGKF has been honored for its family-friendly work environment in Top Workplaces surveys by the Philadelphia Inquirer, Daily News and Philly.com since 2011 and the Delaware Valley Association for the Education of Young Children (DVAEYC).
1 "Chambers USA" [published by Chambers & Partners] - selection process
2 "Best Lawyers" – [published by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, S.C] - selection process
3 U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" – methodology
4 "Super Lawyers" [published by Thomson Reuters] - selection process
5 Martindale.com rating methodology
6 The BTI Consulting Group, Wellesley, MA: BTI Client Service All-Star selection process. BTI Most Recommended Law Firms 2016 methodology can be found on page 9.
7 Law360 [produced by Portfolio Media Inc.] surveyed more than 300 U.S. firms about their overall and female headcount numbers as of 12/31/2015. Only U.S-based attorneys were included in the survey. Firms are ranked based on their percentage of U.S. partners, but equity and non-equity, that are women.
8 Information was obtained by firm representatives through a questionnaire and could not be independently verified by the PBJ.
9 For a partner to be included in the count, at least 50 percent of the partner’s work had to be devoted to environmental law matters.