MGKF assists clients in understanding and meeting their regulatory compliance obligations under the federal Occupational Safety and Health Act and regulations issued by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration ("OSHA") and OSHA-approved state programs. We help clients prepare for and respond to OSHA inspections, respond to and defend OSHA citations and complaints, and represent clients at informal conferences. We also provide regulatory counseling and practical guidance on satisfying OSHA requirements in the context of varied industries and operations, including assisting in the development of OSHA-compliant written programs and procedures. In addition, we help clients to prepare for OSHA inspections, present compelling arguments at conferences with OSHA, and respond to OSHA citations. We are experienced in defending clients against agency enforcement actions and in negotiating agency settlements.
Photo ©2013 Avi Loren Fox Photography
Some representative OSHA matters handled by our firm include the following:
- Defended client in response to OSHA citations resulting from two separate fatalities, demonstrated that none of the alleged violations were "willful," and negotiated favorable settlement terms and penalties.
- Represented the Association of American Railroads and six Class I railroads in challenging OSHA's Cranes and Derricks in Construction standard.
- Assisted telecommunications company in evaluating the applicability of OSHA's asbestos construction standard and in designing an initial, representative asbestos exposure sampling protocol under that standard.
- Defended client that performs metal welding in response to an OSHA citation alleging violations of metal exposure limits, including new hexavalent chromium requirements. As part of this matter, we negotiated a settlement that included elimination of all "serious" violations and over 90 percent reduction in penalties.
- Assisted client in developing and drafting a lockout/tagout program, representative lockout/tagout procedures, and lockout/tagout training materials.
- Assisted clients in drafting written Electrical Safety Programs.
- Represented chemical manufacturer in response to OSHA enforcement action related to hazard communication, HAZWOPER, emergency action planning, guarding, and process safety management and negotiated favorable settlement of multiple citations.
- Represented university in achieving favorable settlement of an OSHA citation related to asbestos issues.
- Provided guidance and counseling to chemical manufacturing client in the development of multiple OSHA compliance programs.
- Conducted OSHA audits of several manufacturing facilities and provided legal guidance on compliance issues raised in the audit findings.
- Provided legal support and representation to manufacturers subject to OSHA auditing by third-party auditors.
- January 14, 2022
- March 5, 2021Comment Period Closes April 19, 2021
- June 26, 2020
- May 21, 2020COVID-19 Update
- April 16, 2020COVID-19 Update
- March 17, 2020COVID-19 Update
- April 17, 2017
- Update on OSHA’s New Injury-Reporting Provisions Involving Incentive Programs and Drug & Alcohol TestingDecember 7, 2016
- OSHA Announces New Guidance and Delayed Enforcement for New Injury-Reporting Provisions Involving Incentive Programs and Drug & Alcohol TestingOctober 24, 2016
- August 11, 2016
- October 14, 2019MGKF Litigation Blog
- February 28, 2017The Legal Intelligencer
- Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox Included in 2022 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” National RankingsNovember 4, 2021
- August 19, 202117 Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox Attorneys Listed in 2022 Best Lawyers and Ones to Watch
- June 14, 2021
- May 24, 2021
- Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox to Receive the 2021 H. Robert Fiebach Award for the Promotion of Women in the LawMay 4, 2021
- May 3, 2021
- Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox Included in 2021 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” National RankingsNovember 5, 2020
- October 23, 2020
- Gotanda and Moshang of Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox to Present at Hawaii State Bar Association 2020 ConventionSeptember 15, 2020
- Bruce Katcher Named the Best Lawyers® 2021 Environmental Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Cherry Hill, NJAugust 20, 202016 Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox Attorneys Included in Best Lawyers 2021 and Four Named to Inaugural Ones to Watch List
- July 21, 2020
- June 12, 2020at the Health, Biotech and Pharma Institute for the Association of Corporate Counsel
- June 8, 2020Gotanda, McCabe, Moshang and Schiller Included in Top 50 Women Pennsylvania Listing
- April 30, 2020
- January 6, 2020
- MGKF’s Vaccaro and Nines Present “Internal Environmental Auditing” at the CCNJ’s Plant Operations Management WorkshopDecember 9, 2019
- Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox Included in 2020 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” National RankingsNovember 4, 2019
- September 26, 2019
- August 15, 201814 Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox Attorneys Included in Best Lawyers 2019
- July 19, 2018
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- April 21, 2016a DRI webinar
- November 5, 2015
- May 13, 2014sponsored by the Air & Waste Management Association (A&WMA)
- November 4, 2010Dealing with Claims and Discovery Issues
- April 28, 2010
- June 12, 2008