- Corporate and Commercial Transactions
- Corporate Compliance and Other Regulatory Programs
- Site Development and Brownfields Redevelopment
- Superfund and Site Remediation
- Sustainability and ESG
Bar & Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- District of Columbia Circuit Court of Appeals
Villanova University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2008
- Villanova Law Review, Managing Editor of the Symposium
- Villanova’s Environmental and Energy Law Society
- Co-founder and President
James Madison University, B.S., cum laude (Integrated Science and Technology concentrating in energy and information knowledge management), 2002
Professional & Community Activities
Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law, 2013-present
- Adjunct professor, Environmental Lawyering
Philadelphia Bar Association
- Environmental and Energy Law Committee, Co-Chair, 2014-present
Delaware Valley Environmental Inn of Court, 2006-present
MGKF Hiring Partner, 2022
MGKF Summer Associate Program Chair, 2017-2020
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Leadership Philadelphia, Class of 2016
Riverbend Environmental Education Center
- Board Member, 2016-present
Big Brother/Big Sister, 1999-2003
Bryan is a partner at the firm and has experience in counseling and representing clients on a range of environmental and energy matters. Bryan’s practice has focused on regulatory compliance and transactional matters, particularly in the areas of air and water quality, redevelopment, sustainability, permitting, energy efficiency and renewable energy development. Over the last several years, Bryan has primarily worked with complex regulated industries, notably including petroleum refining, chemical processing, oil and gas operations, metal manufacturing, and electric generating facilities.
Bryan is a cum laude graduate of the Villanova University School of Law where he was a Managing Editor of the Symposium for the Villanova Law Review and co-founder and president of Villanova’s Environmental and Energy Law Society. Bryan has recently returned to Villanova as an adjunct professor of law teaching a class focused on practical lawyering skills in an environmental context. He is currently the firm's Hiring Partner and previously led the firm's Sustainability Directors’ Roundtable.
Prior to law school, Bryan worked as an energy consultant in Fairfax, Virginia, helping industrial and commercial clients to optimize energy supply sources and decrease energy demand. He was a summer associate with the firm in 2006.
Away from work, Bryan enjoys spending time with his wife and three sons. Bryan loves watching and talking about sports, and is always looking for a pickup tennis match or a basketball game to join.
Representative examples of Bryan's experience include the following:
- Defending enforcement actions by federal, state, and local agencies, including responding to orders, information requests, penalty assessments, and negotiating settlements;
- Developing cleanup compliance strategies for industrial clients at operating facilities and at waste disposal sites to address historic contamination under state and federal cleanup authorities;
- Advising clients on compliance with complex federal and state regulatory requirements;
- Addressing permitting issues, including National Pollution Discharge Elimination System ("NPDES") discharge, wastewater pre-treatment, water allocation, Total Maximum Daily Load ("TMDL") development and implementation, wetlands, stormwater, soil erosion and sediment control, air emissions, hazardous waste treatment, etc.;
- Appealing air quality and water quality permits in response to objectionable conditions, lack of operational flexibility, and onerous or inapplicable compliance conditions.
- Advising clients in the development of electric vehicle, energy efficiency and renewable energy projects including the drafting of power purchase agreements, sale/purchase of renewable energy credits, drafting and negotiation of lease and easement agreements, and identifying and applying for public funding.
Bryan is also an adjunct professor of law of Villanova University School of Law teaching a class entitled Environmental Lawyering that focuses on practical lawyering skills in an environmental law context.
Honors & Awards
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers since 2020 and “Rising Star” listings (environmental law, energy and natural resources), 2013 and 2018. The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. Click here to view the selection methodology.
- No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey or any other jurisdiction.
- EPA’s Final Unregulated Contaminant Monitoring Rule 5 to Include an Expanded List of PFAS Constituents and Additional Public Water SystemsJanuary 14, 2022
- January 14, 2022
- April 15, 2021MGKF Environmental Briefing
- January 12, 2021
- January 11, 2021
- Public Comment Period Opens on Proposed Rulemaking to Establish Pennsylvania as Member of Regional Greenhouse Gas InitiativeNovember 12, 2020
- January 15, 2019
- States Take Aim at Federal Government’s Authority to Designate Critical Habitat for Endangered SpeciesJanuary 23, 2017
- January 23, 2017
- June 4, 2020The Legal Intelligencer
- September 9, 2016The Legal Intelligencer
- June 2, 2022
- May 27, 2022Managing Partner Carol F. McCabe included in Top 10 Pennsylvania listing. McCabe and Brenda H. Gotanda included in additional top lists.
- June 14, 2021
- Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox to Receive the 2021 H. Robert Fiebach Award for the Promotion of Women in the LawMay 4, 2021
- May 3, 2021
- Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox Presented “Making Waves: The Ripple Effects of the Supreme Court’s New ‘Functional Equivalent’ Test on Clean Water Act NPDES Discharge PermittingAugust 17, 2020
- June 8, 2020Gotanda, McCabe, Moshang and Schiller Included in Top 50 Women Pennsylvania Listing
- April 22, 2020
- The Philadelphia Inquirer Names Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox, LLP a Winner of the Philadelphia Top Workplaces 2020 AwardApril 21, 2020
- MGKF Presents “Fundamentals & Hot Topics in Environmental Law” at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute’s Real Estate Institute 2019December 12, 2019
- May 21, 2018McCabe, Moshang and Schiller Included in Top 50: 2018 Women Pennsylvania Super Lawyers; McCabe Included on Top 100 List for Philadelphia
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
"Pennsylvania Water Laws and Regulations: Compliance and Enforcement," a HalfMoon Education webinar, April 28, 2022
"Making Waves: The Ripple Effects of the Supreme Court’s New 'Functional Equivalent' Test on Clean Water Act NPDES Discharge Permitting" a webinar presented on behalf of West LegalEdCenter/Thomson Reuters, August 10, 2020
"Fundamentals & Hot Topics in Environmental Law for Real Estate Lawyers" presented at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute's 2019 Real Estate Institute, Philadelphia, PA, December 6, 2019
"Putting Your Best Face Forward: Managing Your Social Media Presence" presented at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute's A Day on Real Estate, Philadelphia, PA, August 1, 2019
"Putting Your Best Face Forward: Managing Your Social Media Presence" presented at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute's Real Estate Institute, Philadelphia, PA, December 7, 2018
"Building on Contaminated Land" presented at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute's 2017 Real Estate Institute, Philadelphia, PA, December 8, 2017
"Putting Your Best Face Forward: Managing Your Social Media Presence" presented at the Philadelphia Bar Association, Philadelphia, PA, November 29, 2017
"Putting Your Best Face Forward: Managing Your Social Media Presence" presented at the Kentucky Mineral Law Conference, Lexington,KY, October 18, 2017
"Putting Your Best Face Forward: Managing Your Social Media Presence" presented at the 9th Annual Oil & Gas Law Colloquium, Washington, PA, June 21, 2017
"Putting Your Best Face Forward: Managing Your Company's Online Presence" presented at the Association of Corporate Counsel Greater Philadelphia Chapter - Ethics & Compliance Institute, Philadelphia, PA, December 1, 2016
"Environmental Issues Update for Real Estate Lawyers," presented at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute's A Day on Real Estate in Philadelphia, PA, August 5, 2015
"Rain, Rain, Go Away," presented at 2015 Pennsylvania State Association of Township Supervisors' Educational Conference in Hershey, PA, April 21, 2015
"Environmental Issues Update for Real Estate Lawyers," presented at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute at the 18th Annual Real Estate Institute in Philadelphia, PA, December 5, 2014
"Practical Considerations for Buying and Selling Contaminated Property," presented at the DELVACCA Real Estate Institute in Philadelphia, PA, November 5, 2014
"Practical Tips for Buying and Selling Contaminated Property," presented at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute at the 17th Annual Real Estate Institute in Philadelphia, PA, December 5, 2013
"New Requirements for Benchmarking and Reporting Energy and Water Usage in Commercial Buildings in Philadelphia -- What Real Estate Lawyers Need to Know," presented by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute at the 16th Annual Real Estate Institute in Philadelphia, PA, December 5, 2012
- July 12, 2016The Pennsylvania Lawyer