- Corporate Compliance and Other Regulatory Programs
- Site Development and Brownfield Redevelopment
- Superfund and Site Remediation
Bar & Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 2012
- Member, Villanova's Moot Court Board
- National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition
- Member, Villanova's Sports and Entertainment Journal
- Environmental and Energy Law Society, President, 2010-2012
- Public Interest Fellowship Program Award, 2012
University of Maryland, B.S. (Finance), 2006
- President's Scholarship
- College Park Scholars Program
Professional & Community Activities
Pennsylvania Bar Association, Environmental and Energy Law Section
- Council Member
- Pro Bono Committee Chair
East Bradford Township's Environmental Advisory Council
- Member, 2016-2017
Delaware Valley Environmental American Inn of Court
- Membership Committee
Tom is an associate with Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox, LLP. He concentrates his practice on environmental and energy litigation, regulatory counseling, and transactional matters.
Tom came to the firm from Blank Rome LLP, where he was an associate in the environmental and energy practice group. In that role, he represented and counseled a broad range of clients in environmental and energy matters and litigated cases before state and federal courts, the Pennsylvania Environmental Hearing Board, and the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission. Prior to that, Tom served as an assistant counsel to the Pennsylvania Environmental Hearing Board.
In law school, Tom was a law clerk for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, a legal intern for the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, and a judicial clerk for the Honorable Thomas J. Reuter of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. He participated in the National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition as a member of the Moot Court Board, published a journal article on the National Park Service’s treatment of recreational uses under the National Environmental Policy Act, and served as president of the Environmental and Energy Law Society. Upon graduation, he received Villanova’s 2012 Public Interest Fellowship Program Award.
Outside of work, Tom serves on the council of the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Environmental and Energy Law Section, and he also serves as chair of the Section’s Pro Bono Committee. Tom serves on the membership committee of the Delaware Valley Environmental American Inn of Court, and he has also served as an appointed member of East Bradford Township’s Environmental Advisory Council.
Tom is married to his high school sweetheart, and together they have three children.
Honors & Awards
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers “Rising Star” listing (environmental litigation), 2018. The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. Click here to view the selection methodology.
Villanova's Public Interest Fellowship Program Award (2012)
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey or any other jurisdiction.
- May 21, 2018McCabe, Moshang and Schiller Included in Top 50: 2018 Women Pennsylvania Super Lawyers; McCabe Included on Top 100 List for Philadelphia
- March 31, 2017
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
"Drinking Water, Infrastructure, and Environmental Justice," presented at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute's 23rd Annual Environmental Law Forum, April 2018
"The Pennsylvania Environmental Rights Amendment: Are You Ready for a New ERA?" presented by MGKF, Bala Cynwyd, PA, February 2018
"PA Surface Water and Groundwater Rights," presented at the Pennsylvania Water Laws and Regulations Conference, 2016
"Single Source Determination," presented at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute's 18th Annual Environmental Law Forum, 2013
- January 18, 2018
- January 18, 2018
- June 11, 2018MGKF Litigation Blog
- May 1, 2018MGKF Litigation Blog
- February 1, 2018MGKF Litigation Blog
- EHB Finds Another Violation of PA's Environmental Rights Amendment, But Again Only in the Presence of a Regulatory ViolationNovember 22, 2017MGKF Litigation Blog
- Pennsylvania Environmental Hearing Board Sets Guidelines for Challenges to PADEP Permitting DecisionsAugust 16, 2017MGKF Litigation Blog
- July 31, 2017MGKF Litigation Blog
- June 1, 2017MGKF Litigation Blog
Duncan, T.D. (2018). Citizen Suits in Pennsylvania in PBI's Pennsylvania Environmental Law & Practice (9th ed., pp. 917-964). United States, PBI Press.
"More Obstacles Ahead for Pa Net Metering Restrictions", Law360, June 7, 2016 (co-author)
"Energy Sector Beware: Cybersecurity Now Top Security Threat", The Legal Intelligencer, October 16, 2015 (co-author)
"Driving Americans' Perception of Recreation: Awaiting the Park Service's Long-Term Solution to Address Snowmobile Access in Yellowstone National Park",19 VILL. SPORTS & ENT. L.J. 699 (2012)